Want to be part of the Revelation?

If you subscribe to my email list then you know already. Rite of Revelation has a real release date. November 5th! Woot woot! This is not a test, I repeat, not a test. This is happening people!
And if you can't tell by my ridiculous use of the exclamation point, I'm super excited!!!!
I'm planning to go about marketing a little differently this time and part of that new strategy is forming a street team.

Dancing is optional
A street team is the ultimate set of super readers. These are people who love Rite of Rejection just as much as I do and think my over-use of the exclamation point above is perfectly acceptable for such amazing news. A street team helps spread the word about an author’s books– online, in person, and everywhere in-between.
So here's the deal. I'm planning to keep the team small, because I want to make it all cozy. Think pajama party, where we read books instead of pillow fight. And that means asking potential members to apply instead of just signing up. Don't stress here. This is way easier than a college application and there's no minimum requirements so don't worry if you aren't the biggest name on the internet. Street team members can help in a lot of different ways and we want to make sure to get a diverse group of folks that can each bring something to the table while having a ton of fun. 

Tell me more. Tell me more.

And that's the whole point of all of this. Why I write books, why readers read them, why we spend hours online talking to other people who write/read books. Because it's fun. 


If that's not enough, here are a few other reasons you'll want to be a part of my street team:

  • Team only giveaways. This can include swag, signed copies, handmade goodies, gift cards and who knows what else. 
  • Exclusive sneak peeks. I've already got a ton of content lined up and ready to share. As a street team member, you'll get to see these before anyone else. 
  • Swag. Expect me to mail you more swag than you know what to do with. Don't worry, I'll tell you what to do with it. :)
  • Exclusive Facebook group. You'll be able to chat with team members, brainstorm ideas and be all kinds of bookish. I'll be there for team only chats and video calls where we can talk about my books, other people's books, books someone should write already, and anything else that floats your boat. 
  • My undying love and devotion. This will most likely involve me gushing all over the internet about how wonderful you are and randomly sending you cat gifs.  
Whoops! Wrong Cats.


If you're not sure what a street team member does, here are a few things that can seriously help an author:

  • Talk about my book with your friends, family, people standing next to you at the grocery story, the waitress who has to stand there while you fish your debit card out of your wallet. You get the idea. 
  • Ask your library and/or book store to order the book.
  • Talk to your local high schools about adding the book to their library or even inviting yours truly to do an author chat.
  • Post an honest review of the book on Amazon, Goodreads and other other retailers.
  • Share interviews, guest posts, and other book related content on your social media platform.
  •  Recommend my books to people you talk to online.
  • Participate in the marketing efforts I organize or even organize your own.
  • Keep being an awesome reader!
Replace newsies with street teams and papes with books. Same thing.



So if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, go to the link below and get your application in. This will stay open until September 18th, and then we'll be choosing members so we can get started. If you've got questions, leave them in the comments or shoot me an email.
http://goo.gl/forms/1MdvB2KunZ

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Sarah! I'm too busy to volunteer right now, but I'm sure you'll get a great team behind you.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...