I oughta be in pictures

Life is still crazy in the Negovetich house. I have not yet fully recovered from RT. Translated, this means I'm still digging out from my email inbox. And with a book release coming up in less than two months (cue screaming) it's unlikely to slow down.

Which is precisely why it's a horrible idea to add more tasks to my to do list. Alas, I love horrible ideas.

At RT last week more than one person mentioned that they love my vlogs. You know, the ones I haven't done in over a year. That I stopped doing because I couldn't find thirty minutes of uninterrupted quiet time in my day. Yeah, those.

But it did get me thinking. I loved making those videos. I loved that it felt like I was thiiiiiis much closer to you.

So, I'm jumping back on the wagon. I did some brainstorming while waiting in line for the post office and other mindless tasks. I've got four videos already mapped out. That makes this a thing. A real thing.

No idea on when the first video will make it out, but keep your eyes peeled and I'll be sure to post it here.

And while we are on the subject on content, I want to get an idea of what you guys would like to see next. I just finished up with the Reasons Your Book Isn't Selling series, and the inbox for Agency Lessons is remarkably low (hint: now is a great time to ask your questions for a quick turn-around). So what do you want to see next? There's a lot of content already on the blog in the archives. Are you interested in a periodic refresh of an older post? Do you have ideas for a new marketing series? Is there anything that you've been struggling with that you're curious to know more about?

While this blog is absolutely an outlet for me, it's also meant to be a resource for all of you. So if you have ideas, you can 1. drop them into the comment box, 2. shoot me a quick email, or 3. add them in this anonymous form. Let me know what you want so I can keep the relevant content coming.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all the information you share in these blogs. They are extremely helpful. I'd love to see some posts about how effective services like Thunderclap, Netgalley and Book Bub are. Some posts about potential trends that agents and publishers are looking for would be valuable too. I'd read refreshed posts too as I've only been following for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great suggestions. I did a post on Netgalley a while back, so that's probably a good one to bring out again. I'll definitely add the others to my list. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Thise videos were amazing even when I disagreed.

    I later realized the issue wasnt that the general rule isnt true, so much as I need to rethink who I market too.

    I market to a slightly different genre and age bracket that appeals to adults since of nostlagia.

    My question how do you communicate deliberate inaction instead of pure reaction?

    Say MC has three choices: ask girl about herself, complement girl, or a third option where you fail to say anything after thirty seconds?

    With visual novels this is easy, but trickier in traditional prose.

    (A MC relied on deliberate inaction at one point.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but it seems to me this would be an internalization issue. If your character isn't actively speaking or moving, then the story moves forward with their internal thoughts. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was verbose wasnt it?

    How do you deal with being considered a different target audience from what you intended, and how do you rework your marketing accordingly?

    I once wrote SF YA, but found it always being labelled as highly personal and stream of concious. My last stories were childrens about how perception and childhood effects reading taste.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...