Contest Awesomeness




Today is short and sweet because I am a busy lady this week. We have a leak in our bathroom, my car died last night (fingers crossed for an easy fix), I have tons to do for the internship, I'm working on a read through, a bright shiny new idea flooded my brain yesterday, and I'm getting my submission ready for #PitchWars.



If you are an un-agented writer with a completed (read polished till it shines) manuscript, you need to check this out.

The contest is hosted by the fabulous Brenda Drake who comes up with the best ideas ever for contests. Over 30 mentors (agented writers, interns and editors) will pick one writer based on their query and first five. Together they will shine those puppies up and then present them to a team of agents.

The team with the most requests gets gift cards, but  honestly, no one cares about the gift cards. This is all about getting some insider help and hopefully snagging an agent.

The twitter feed for this contest is hilarious and the good news is you still have plenty of time to enter. Entries are due by December 5th. Plenty of time. So head over to Brenda's blog and tell her I sent you.

10 comments:

  1. I'm encouraging my friends to do this contest. It sounds great! (Too bad I can't write a pitch to save my life...)
    Good luck Sarah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit sucky myself. The nice part of this is that the mentors help you craft the pitch.

      Delete
  2. Good luck to everyone in the pitch wars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! On my way over to take a look at the contest...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this. May give it a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Brenda's blog is one to follow. She runs a new contest about every other month.

      Delete
  5. Did you make your picks? It was so hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm submitting to Cupid, Lori M Lee, and Kimberly P Chase. It was a little easier for me because my ms is dystopian and not many mentors were open to it.

      Delete

Share the love, man...