Agency Lessons: Sick Days & Marketing Classes

I tried to pretend I wasn't getting sick, but no amount of head-in-the-sand technique can ward off the germs that refuse to be Lysoled. So today, I'm curled up in my favorite writing chair with a hooded sweatshirt, fuzzy socks and a hot cup of coffee.

I tried to read manuscripts, but with the mood I'm in, that's probably not fair. So instead, I'm working on a marketing class outline. Several of you have asked when I'm going to teach a marketing class. I heard you. I don't know when it will happen yet since the class is still a very rough outline that exists mostly in my head. I'm shooting for January, but I promise to keep you posted.

The class I'm planning right now is a One-Hour Marketing Plan. The goal is to have everyone walk away from the class with a workable marketing plan to get them started on the path of selling more books. I'd love to hear from you about other classes you'd like to see offered. Any topics you want to see covered in an online, interactive classroom?

In the meantime, I will accept all well wishes for health and a virtual cup of chicken noodle soup.

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I barely manage the remote buttons when I'm sick. The marketing class sounds wonderful. I'd also love a class on maximizing social media options and resources. Something other than book reviews.

    Feel better soon ;). *Hands over steaming bowl of chicken soup--extra garlic*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that was delicious. I think a class for Social Media could be really interesting. I'll have to put that one on the list. :)

      Delete
  2. Feel better, soon! I can't wait for the class.... smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see an advanced marketing plan for someone who has already taken classes and read up on marketing but is not seeing actual results. And good for you on teaching a class. Writing a lesson plan can be hard. Knowing something doesn't always translate into being able to explain it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good idea. There's probably a lot of authors who feel like they have the basics down, but need something more. It would probably need to be a small class for a little more one-on-one time.

      Delete

Share the love, man...