Free MOOC

I don't usually post on Thursdays, but I wanted to share this interesting course I just signed up for. It's called The Future of Storytelling and is being offered as a free MOOC from iversity.org.



What is a MOOC? It's a Massive Open Online Course. Basically, they'll post a new video once a week with associated "homework" that is available to everyone who enrolls.

The storytelling elements of the course sound fairly basic, but should be a good reminder of the elements that make up a great story. I'm most interested in the section on how technology is changing not just how we distribute stories, but also how they are created.

This should be interesting so I wanted to pass the word along in case anyone else wanted to sign up. It does take place during Nano, but we'll all need a little break from pounding the keys. I figured a course on storytelling should be a nice way to replenish the creative well while I try to suck 50K from it in one month.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds fun! Thanks for sharing the info. I just signed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good info, Sarah. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...