Google Authorship

I hate SEO.

There I said it. I have a hard enough time writing three blog posts each week between my actual work load. Forget worrying about keywords, post rank and meta data. Gah. I'm lucky if I remember to post the link to Google+ or Twitter.

But just because I hate it doesn't mean I can ignore it. And when it comes to SEO, there's no denying Google is the chief dog. Kinda like Amazon. Sure folks buy books on Barnes and Noble and do an occasional search using Bing. But let's not forget that Google is now an accepted verb. 

Google is the leader because they work hard to make sure that people find exactly what they're looking for online. In fact, they pride themselves on helping searchers find what they didn't even know they were looking for. They do that by continually updating the algorithms they use to decide which links are the best.

And that leads to Google Authorship. Basically, Authorship is a way for Google to determine who is putting content on the internet and how worthy that information is. I could go into details, but did I mention how much I hate SEO. Luckily, the folks over at Boost Blog Traffic have put together a handy guide that lays out exactly what Authorship is, why it's being put into place and what you need to know as a content creator.

Go check it out. Updating your information to maximize your Authorship on Google is actually fairly painless and easy. A quick change is worth making it easier for readers to find you.

6 comments:

  1. Heading over to check it out. Thanks, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! This is valuable info, Sarah, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great link to Jon Morrow's site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article was suggested to me by a friend. SEO Services

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is amazing. I enjoyed reading this post. Maintain up the great job.
    SEO Services

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...