Q&A Opportunity

So, I was thinking (which is known to be dangerous). I know lots of you from various social media sites which means we interact in places that aren't here. This is great and I love it. I often get really great questions via these other sites which I am happy to answer. However, I often wonder how many other people might have the same question but either 1) they aren't asking it or 2) don't have an safe place to ask it.


Here's the deal. I'm all about getting information out to writers. I happen to know a thing or two about a thing or two and it makes me happy to share it. But not every question makes a great blog post. Sometimes you just need a quick response to something without all the fanfare.

And with all that thinking, I started really pondering video. What if I did a short, weekly video on YouTube that answered your questions? Questions about anything from writing and publishing to marketing and everything in between. And what if I created a form where you could submit your questions anonymously (if you so desired)? Would anyone watch that? Would anyone submit questions?

So before I run off all half-crazed and do this, I thought it best to ask you. Is this something you'd be interested in? Would you tune in to this and, if given the chance to submit anonymous questions, would you send them in? Please take a minute to complete a quick survey to help me determine if this is something you'd like to see. Or just leave me a comment. As always, I want this blog to be a resource for you. Thanks folks!

*I've closed the survey now. Thank you for all your responses. All submitted questions have been added to the queue. You can submit new questions by clicking on the purple post it labeled "Hey Sarah Answer Me This" or click here.


6 comments:

  1. Sarah, that's such an awesome idea! I would listen in to a podcast or video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Heather, this is a wonderful, helpful idea! I would certainly submit questions. Frequently, too, if allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea and would definitely watch and submit questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea that would be valuable to writers. While I'm at it, I have a question. I have an eBook crime-thriller that has gotten great reviews from book bloggers (none paid for). Would it be useful or useless to query agents to see if they might be interested in seeking print publication? I don't want to spend a lot of writing time querying agents if they immediately reject because it's an eBook.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...