With a little help from my friends

Oh my word, y'all. My blog schedule has gone to hell in a hand basket and it ain't pretty.
I mentioned previously that I lost all my semi-good sense and I'm in a theatre production. We are down to one week until we open and I'm basically spending all my time on the stage. It's a burden that the extroverted among us carry for others.

For proof, here is a photo of me looking ridiculous and tired. And no, I'm not a natural blond.
Because I have no sense of self-preservation, I am also throwing a joint birthday party for my daughter and her BFF this weekend. And I'm crazy. It's Dr. Who themed (which is awesome), but I've spent a ridiculous amount of time lately making clay sonic screwdrivers and felt fezzes (because fezzes are cool).
All of this to say that I haven't been taking care of the blog and that makes me sad. I love our little community here. And I take what I do seriously. I am both honored and humbled that so many of you find my advice helpful, and sometimes even inspiring. And that's why I've come to a decision.

I need help.

I am not superwoman. I cannot do it all. I have to be able to delegate and parse out tasks that I can, so I don't have to sacrifice the parts of my life that are important. Like you guys.

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm taking on an intern. Yeah!

Here's what it looks like:
The internship is unpaid for six months, and I cannot make any promises in regard to advancement within the agency. However, if the intern is a student, I am happy to file the appropriate paperwork needed for course credit if your college allows for it. I will also gladly write letters of recommendation (where it's appropriate) for interns looking to get into other areas of publishing. While the intern will be under my direction, they may work on tasks with other agents.

I am mostly looking for someone who can assist me with queries, manuscript evaluation and working on the back end of marketing projects with my clients. But publishing is unpredictable, so I'm sure there will be other fun projects to work on as well. An ideal intern will have experience beta reading and/or editing, though formal training is not needed, and a high level of organization. A borderline obsession with spreadsheets would be helpful.

If this is you, or someone you know, please send a resume (as a word attachment) to Sarah(at)CorvisieroAgency(dot)com and use "intern" in the subject line. I don't have a deadline for this, but I'd like to get someone in place by the end of the month, so don't dally. I would really appreciate it if you guys could help spread the word for me.

Thank you so much for being patient with me. I promise there will be a new marketing related post up on Friday. Until then, Allons-y and Geronimo!

*Update* Apparently I am more sleep deprived than I realized and I left out some crucial info. So first, the intern position is completely virtual. You can be anywhere and do this. Second, I am looking at around 10 hours/week of commitment. Sometimes it will be less and other times might need a bit more, but I am flexible. And third, this is not a 9-5. The work that needs to be done can be completed at 3pm or 3am, or whenever it fits in your schedule. If you think of other questions I didn't answer, please ask in the comments.

6 comments:

  1. Cool! What's the theatre production? I love fezzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for fezzes. I am doing Forbidden Broadway. In the picture above, I'm playing Cosette from Les Mis.

      Delete
    2. *fist pump, or whatever they're called* That's more than cool.

      Delete
  2. You look great as a blonde! The production sounds exciting and fun.

    Ooh, the Intern position sounds fabulous! Are you looking for a certain number of hours from the Intern? I will help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimberly. Good question. I'm looking for about ten hours. I've updated my post to include a bit more information. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Happy to share! But this might just be the gig for me. I will send you an email this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...