Blogging from A to Z: Video

Blogging from A to Z is a month long challenge to post every day of the month (excluding Sunday) using a different letter of alphabet. This month I'm sharing unusual book marketing tips as part of my Marketing From The Edge Series.
Video

Got some great news to share? Maybe you've signed a big deal. Are holding ARCs for the first time? Did you find your book at an actual, honest to goodness bookstore? You can write a blog post about it or share your news on Facebook. You can even add a few pictures. But if you want your announcement to carry extra buzz, I recommend a video.

Videos have the ability to connect you to readers that just isn't possible with a regular blog post. Seeing you can take away some of the mystery behind the writer and make you more real to your readers. Plus, even if you say the exact same words in your blog post, putting it on a video is bound to let more of your stunning personality shine through.


I've mentioned before that Google loves video. They like putting them in search results and will often rank them higher than a regular blog post. Plus, a video posted to YouTube and shared on your blog give the same content to show up twice in a search.

Don't just take my word for it. Check out this really great infographic showing the power of video on marketing strategies.

You should definitely use video for special moments, but also consider making them a regular part of your blog content.

Want to jazz up your video with a little background music. Check out this great list of royalty free music all filed under a creative commons license. You can sort by genre or mood to find just the right soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. I've done a few videos but I need to do more. Thanks for the reminder. I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tip and I do not use it at all. I am not too keen on videos so maybe that's why I have not explored this option. Will definitely try it out.
    http://www.inderpreetkaur.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...