Blogging from A to Z: Which Witch is Which?

Blogging from A to Z is a month long challenge to post every day of the month (excluding Sunday) using a different letter of alphabet. This month I'm sharing unusual book marketing tips as part of my Marketing From The Edge Series.
Which Witch is Which?

This has nothing to do with witches and everything to do with a recent craze that has devoured numerous hours of your average Facebook use. Of course, I'm talking about the latest influx of quizzes popping up on social media by the dozens. Which Dawson's Creek character are you? Where should live? Which 80s movie are you? The list goes on and on.

So why not capitalize on the trend and create a quiz related to your book. It can be about the characters, the choices they make, where they live, or any number of things specific to your book or world. The idea is to get your readers more connected to your work.

If you aren't sure if you have enough material to do this on your own or maybe aren't sure you have the resources, consider teaming up with some other authors. Check with your publisher and see if maybe they can create a quiz where readers can discover which heroine they are, with different main characters featured from several books in their catalog.

If you decide to go this route, just make sure there is a link at the end where quiz takers can go to learn more about all the characters. This way they have a chance to be exposed to all the books and not just the one they end up with.

The options for quizzes like this are endless so don't be afraid to try something different. For example, tired of the typical character quizzes? What about a quiz that tells reader which villain they are. Of course, once you have a quiz up and running, you'll want to promote it everywhere and make it easy for readers to share their results on their own social media sites.

6 comments:

  1. I made a quiz for Touch of Death, but I think I should have waited until more people had a chance to read it first. I may have been a little overzealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sarah,
    I'm sorry I haven't come across your blog until now. Interesting and different idea. I'll have to do a scroll through of your previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea. I wanna make a which Marlowe Girl are you quiz.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...