Happy Memorial Day

Today I am deviating from my normal blog content so I can thank the men and women of our armed services. These brave Americans put their lives on the line to ensure that our freedoms are protected. And not from faceless entities, but from real people who would love nothing more than to see our destruction.

I am personally proud of my big sister who bravely served for a 12 month tour in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom and my nephew who joined the Air Force last summer. They are both amazing people who I respect immensely.

So on your day off, enjoy your family and friends. Have a bar-b-que or hang out at the pool. Grab a cold one, make a campfire and live in the moment. But before your head hits the pillow, remember to say thank you to the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice that ensures you live in a country where all of those things are possible.



















My Personal Heroes

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Memorial Day, and you're right about it being a perfect chance to honor those brave people who put their lives on the line for the rest of us. They truly are heroes.

    *Sorry, I had to fix a typo. It's an English teacher thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, and I love the pictures! Happy Memorial Day, Sarah. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a great Memorial day. I'm so proud of my family members too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the post, the thoughts, and the special pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...