Summertime, and the living is...Crazy!


Look, there's the request for my full





Ok, first, I have submitted my first round of queries and that's all I have to say about that at the moment. Since I consider this a somewhat professional site, and one agents can easily find, I don't intend to give any specifics about my query process for now. Of course, as soon as I have any news worth sharing, you guys will know.


What I want to talk about today is the craziness that is summer. For me, the hubbub really kicks off on Friday. On June first my family leaves for a three week tour of the mid-west to visit all our family. It will be great to see everyone, but also a driving nightmare. I plan to write old school with a notebook and pen.


One month, One novel

I'll have to, because I'm signed up to participate in Camp Nanowrimo. This is exactly like the Nanowrimo in November, except it happens in June. They have another one in August, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.






 Also coming up this summer, I am taking Candace Haven's Fast Draft and Revision Hell class. I can't wait to see how she does it, but I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. I'll have one week of rest after the end of Nanowrimo before Candy teaches me how to do the exact same amount of work in TWO WEEKS. Yeah, it's nuts.

In light of all of the madness, I am going to try to keep to my regular posting schedule of MWF. It's important to me that all six of you continue to feel the love. :)

At the same time that all of this is going on, I am working on a redesign of the blog behind the scenes. When I set this baby up, I used the generic templates that are available on Blogger and went with it, but it's really not me. I figured I spent enough time looking at this page, I should enjoy what it looks like. I'm also working on some other fun things, like our first contest. More on that later.

So in summary, this summer I will be out on submission, taking a massive road trip, writing two first drafts, revising at least one of them, keeping up with the blog, redesigning said blog and planning a contest. Any questions?


What are you doing this summer?

8 comments:

  1. If anyone can handle all the craziness, you can.

    Surprisingly enough, my summer looks much like yours except without the 3 week trip and handwriting hell (oops, did I say that aloud??)

    And I am DEFINITELY planning on CampNaNo in August (just not sure what book I'm writing then yet out of a couple of options.)

    If anyone can handle your summer craziness, you can! You're incredibly organized like that! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christi. You have more faith in my juggling abilities than I do. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, I love fast drafting so these two challenges great. I usually write novels in two weeks. You'll love it. The story flows better when you write that quickly. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right, Kelly. Two weeks is crazy impressive!

      Delete
  3. YES!!! I think it is excellent. For me, and it looks like for you too, activity leads to creativity. Let the flood gates open :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, In school I always produced my best work when I was under a tight deadline. And, I just realized I forgot to add write and edit anthology piece to my summer to-do list. :)

      Delete
  4. Submitting queries -- eek! So scary and exciting. Wishing you the very best of luck! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lexa. This is my first time and it is definitely both of those things every time I open my email.

      Delete

Share the love, man...