Halfway There

Ohhhh...we're halfway there. Oh Oh, livin' on a prayer. Take my hand and we'll make I...

Oh, hi. Sorry 'bout that. :)

I'm pretty pumped about hitting the one week mark of fast draft. Bring on the celebration!

Yeah, we're awesome! Source
Take a few minutes today to celebrate, but don't go crazy!

The halfway point can be the hardest, especially if you have reached or are nearing the halfway point in your MS. This is the turning point and everything you (and your characters) do is leading toward the grand finale.

So go ahead and pat yourself on the back and enjoy a pumpkin spice latte. You deserve it. Then get back to writing because with the finish line in sight you can't afford to take your eye off the prize.

On a personal note, I actually reached the end of my first draft last night. Total fast draft words:  19,097. Total manuscript words: 63,138. But just because I'm finished doesn't mean I'm done. I've got a hot little idea that started brewing about 5K words ago and now I get to start mapping it out. I've got to have something to distract me while I let this MS marinade for while. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love, man...