Platform Pick-Up: Blog pt.4

Yesterday, I mentioned the importance of checking the links on your book page. Obviously you don't want to have bad links and make it hard for readers to buy your books, but that isn't the only place you have links on your blog.

I can't tell you how many links I have on my blog. In addition to the ones that are part of the page, linking to areas like my social media accounts or newsletter, I regularly add links to my posts. Like the one up there in the top linking to yesterday's post. I also link to outside sites, like the one below. Some of them I control; others I don't.

Checking all of those links by hand would be a logistical nightmare. Good think for us, we don't have to. There are plenty of sites out there that will check for you. You can run a quick Google search for "free link checker" and you'll get plenty of results. 

In case you don't want to hit up Google, here is a free link checker I already scouted for you. This one scours your site, finds broken links and the directs you to them so you can fix them. Easy, Peasy!

So here's your task today. Run a link check on your site and fix those broken links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love, man...