Pressure, pushing down on me

The last few days have been a whirlwind of activity at my house. Here's what's going on:

1. We signed a new lease today and I need to pack up everything in my house over the next week.
2. We finally got a contract on our house back in TN and pending the inspection can finally sell the thing. (yeah)
3. My computer went shrmpohoe and I spent many hours researching new ones (I'm typing on it now)
4. I'm still trying to keep up with posting a new blog every day
5. I've completed three days in a row of FastDraft with at least 5k words each day
6. Beta reading has picked back up again after a short break so I have lots of reading to do

to do list
The never ending to do list

It's a lot, but so far nothing has fallen off the deep end of a cliff. As much as I talk about craving a little peace and quiet, the truth is I work better under pressure.

I've always been that way. Some of my best term papers were written at 2am the night before they were do. At work, I always performed the best when tasked with a hot project complete with a tight turn around time.

Something about the tiny time frame kicks my brain into overdrive. I wish I knew how to harness that power when I'm not stacked against the clock. Until then, I'll just continue to overload my plate and keep moving.

Truth be told, I'm not sure if I could handle a slow day. :)


7 comments:

  1. I find I'm more tired when I have down time. I like having a lot on my plate. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. I've seen your schedule and we are kindred souls. :)

      Delete
  2. I work best when I have a deadline coming, too. But, wow, you've got a lot more to do than me this week. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may come out kooky at the end of two weeks, but I'll have a novel. :)

      Delete
  3. Holy cow, that's a busy, busy week! Congrats on the house sale and the new laptop! Most awesome is the 5k daily totals. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5K days are awesome. I was usually lucky to get 2K in. I've already written as much in the past 4 days as I did in all of June. :)

      Delete
  4. Your post title's one of my favorite songs. :) Congrats on ticking things off that list! I tend to work better under pressure too but it's not very sustainable for me. I also need to work on finding other motivators to keep productivity up.

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...