Summer Reading

Despite my crazy full schedule, I've been making it a point to increase my reading time this summer. I've always been a big reader, but in the past few months, I've let other things fill my time.

This made me crazy sad. I missed my books. So in order to squeeze them in, I made myself a deal. As soon as I completed my daily writing goal, I'm allows to read. The earlier in the day I finish, the more time I have for reading. :)

reading a good book
I always wear period dresses when reading a good book

Do you have any idea how many great YA books are out there right now? Oh my goodness, I've been missing out!

So far I've read Pretty Amy, The Hunger Games,  All the Iron Fey books except Iron Knight (reading it now), Amanda Hocking's Trylle series, and the first two books in Veronica Roth's Divergent series (that's all that's out)

Next up on the list is The Book Thief.

Reading helps me in so many ways. It helps me to identify things I want to accomplish in my own writing, like  interesting characters or description woven into action. It also reminds me of what I'm working toward. I keep writing and pounding out words because someday I want to hold my own book in my hands.

So what are you reading this summer?

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading an ARC of My Heart Be Damned. After that I have some other ARCs I have to read and review for YA Bound. I'm hoping to slip in some others like Divergent, The Pledge, and Blood & Snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the deprived life of a YA book reviewer ;). I hope you get to Divergent soon. It was great!

      Delete
  2. I've been reading for publishers and/or authors: Lies Beneath, The Pack: Retribution, & Sanctum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm nearly done Under the Never Sky, which is quite good. Will probably read Divergent next. I started it a few months back and had a bit of trouble getting into it, but I'm going to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete

Share the love, man...